Selling to a global audience can be incredibly lucrative, but it’s difficult to do without learning new languages or hiring expensive translators.
If you run a Shopify store, not only is it difficult to manage unique pages for every language, but it’s also arduous and time-consuming. You could spend hours translating your store by hand, or you could use a translation app to do the hard work for you.
Using one of our translation apps makes it easy to translate your Shopify store into any language. You can sell to global audiences without ever learning a new language yourself, and you can do it all without hiring expensive translators.
There are a number of great translation apps out there that can help make the process quick and easy, but which one is best for your business?
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at 9 of the best translation apps for Shopify stores and break down what makes them so great.
What Are the Best Translation Apps for Shopify Sites?
Shopify translation apps can be an absolute godsend for shop owners trying to break into new markets. With the right Shopify translation app, you can easily localize your online store and ensure that customers have a great user experience while browsing in different languages.
The best Shopify translation apps typically come with powerful SEO localization features and robust translation management systems. These features make it easy to serve unique URLs that rank on search engines while constantly tweaking and improving a living-breathing website.
With a good Shopify translation app, you can tailor content to foreign audiences, create a seamless user experience, and literally speak their language – a must for successful global expansion.
Let’s get into our top picks!
Langify is a Shopify-specific translation app for easily translating web store content. The Langify interface allows you to search for specific text, translate that text to applicable languages, and produce the proper language and canonical tags for SEO purposes.
- Install and translate your content into further languages without adding a single line of code
- search for specific text or phrases that you would like to translate
- generate language-specific URLs for all pages
- automatically inject optimized hreflang and canonical tags to pages
- export and import existing translations in CSV and PO/MO formats
- 7-day free trial
Langify is simple enough to get the job done but not so simple that you wish it had more. With one simple subscription, you can perform unlimited manual translations. With this plus some SEO optimization tools, you can be sure that Langify will get your Shopify site ready for international audiences.
Transcy is an AI neural machine translation software for Shopify store webpages. Transcy will automatically translate all elements of your Shopify store into multiple languages as well as update pricing to local currencies in real-time.
- edit content manually in real-time
- manage all of your translations in one central hub
- Seemless integration with Shopify API and Google API
- Unlimited word translations
- translate meta tags for multilingual SEO
- 160+ currency converters and Shopify payments integration at the checkout page
- easy setup – no coding required
- 14-day free trial
- Basic – $9.90/month
- Growth – $19.90/month
- Premium – $39.90/month
The Transcy Shopify API integrates smoothly with your Shopify store and provides some very convenient features. You can auto-update new pages and content changes on existing pages as you go. The app detects where your customers are from and shows them their local languages and currency. If you need to add many translations and currencies to your site, then Transcy is a solid pick.
Bablic is a website translation software solution. This Shopify add-on provides automatic translations and serves webpages with proper SEO formatting to rank internationally.
- detect and update new content automatically with new languages
- seamlessly integrate with Shopify as well as other eCommerce platforms
- produce SEO-optimized pages with SDK and SmartProxy solutions
- translate to over 100 languages
- blend language automation with professional translations
- real-time publishing
- Free trial
- Basic – $24/month
- Plus – $66/month
- Pro – $249/month
Bablic is a great choice for anyone that wants to manage and control a multilingual site. The simple Shopify interface allows you to update and translate content on the fly. You can also produce SEO-optimized pages with proper tags and URL structure so you will never have to wonder if you have a chance to rank internationally.
Weglot is a full website translation project management interface. It features a project dashboard where you can work on new or existing content translations with your team. Automatically detect content and translate it using neural machine translation providers.
- automatically detect content and scan for text, images, and SEO metadata to translate
- project dashboard for collaborating with teammembers, assigning tasks, or ordering professional translations
- automatically created language subdomains, hreflang tags, and translated metadata
- easily integrate directly with Shopify or dozens of other web apps
- word counter and translation estimate tool
- 10-day free trial
- Starter – $15/month
- Business – $29/month
- Pro – $79/month
- Advanced – $299/month
- Extended – $699/month
Weglot is an amazing platform for those that need to work on ongoing website translations. You can set it up so that any new content that goes onto your main site will be translated into additional languages, displayed under language subdomains, and served in relevant locals around the world. If you want to dive deeper into the automatic translation, it’s easy to tweak your content with your team in the content management dashboard.
5. Translation Lab
Translation lab is Shopify native translation app made by Sherpas Design. This translation app can automatically translate your entire store in the click of a button. Set up your store to sell internationally with 160+ currencies and a custom language switcher.
- automatically translate your store using Google NMT (neural machine translations)
- bulk translate variant options
- manage automatic and manual translations from a central hub
- export and import existing translations
- customize the design of your on-site language switcher
- sell in 160+ currencies with Shopify Payments and Shopify Markets
- Free trial of a 2,000-word translation
- Pro $9.99/month
- Business $19.99/month
- Premium $29.99/month
Sherpas Design really nailed it with this Shopify translation app. Simply translate your Shopify store using the AI functionality. If the translation needs edits, you can easily make manual translations directly in the app or import them from external sources. The custom language switcher and currency chooser are slick design features that make this translation app a great addition to any site.
G|translate is your translation management and localized hosting solution. The G|translate Shopify app uses machine learning to automatically translate your content and URLs. Further, a Translation Delivery Network hosts and serve localized proxy websites to your target countries based on langue preferences.
- instantly translate your website into any language in the world
- generate separate URLs for each language
- host translated versions of your website on a Translation Delivery Network to localize your content and serve it globally
- edit existing translations manually with an inline editor
- translation traffic analytics and data visualization
- 15-day free trial
- Custom – $9.99/month
- Startup – $19.99/month
- Business – $29.99/month
- Enterprise – $39.99/month
The main advantage of G|translate is its proxy serving abilities. Hosting localized versions of your site on the G|translate cloud will ensure that your audience is getting fast loading speeds and a seamless browsing experience anywhere in the world. The G|translate dashboard and analytics platform is intuitive and easy to navigate making this app a solid choice for your translation needs.
7. Multi Lingo
Multi Lingo is a Shopify app that translates all aspects of your Shopify store. Create unique themes for localized and translated versions of your site. Translate all online shopping elements including checkout and thank you emails.
- automatically translate your Shopify site
- export and import existing translations
- create multi-language versions of your Shopify theme
- blend in with Shopify’s existing localization mechanism
- automatically localize metadata for SEO
- Custom language selector icons
- translate automated notification emails
- 5-day free trial
- Standard – $7.99/month
The Multi Lingo app is a sound translation solution for anyone running a Shopify store. This app makes it easy to pick and choose elements on your site that you wish to translate. All translations are stored on the Shopify platform, making it easy to add/remove, move around, or customize translations on the fly. Get this lightweight app for a smooth transition experience.
ETranslate is a multi-language and multi-currency web store translator. Add the ETranslate app to your Shopify site to translate and localize your shopping experience. Main features include auto AI translation, auto-currency converter, and a custom language and currency switcher.
- translate your Shopify store into over 138 languages and 158 currencies
- translate metadata to get indexed in different languages on search engines
- generate unique URLs for translated versions of pages
- show different images on your online store based on different languages
- auto translate new products and collections when added to the site
- show multiple currencies based on customer locale from the landing page to checkout
- Basic – $8.99/month
- Growth – $16.89/month
The translate app makes translating your Shopify store very simple and straightforward. It does the whole gamut of SEO-related translations including unique URLs and translated metadata. Localization features are also prevalent with this app as different languages and currencies will be automatically shown to customers based on their location.
9. Uplinky Language Translate
Uplinky Language Translation is an online Shopify app that translates your web store and automatically switches between languages for users. Set your Shopify store to either auto-detect customers’ language preferences or add a customer-facing language switcher to your site.
- select from over 100 languages
- instant AI translation
- auto-detect customers preferred language
- customize the customer-facing language switcher (choose dropdown or popup)
- easy install and lightweight design for Shopify store
This free app is a great lightweight option to start translating your site right away and for cheap. It has an intuitive design that utilizes an auto-translator to serve language-specific store elements quickly and seamlessly.
What are Shopify Translation Apps?
Shopify translation apps offer a convenient way for shop owners to make their business accessible to people around the world. By using AI to generate automated translations for content, shop owners can quickly and easily create multilingual versions of their shops, enabling them to speak directly with customers in other languages.
Translation apps offer shop owners the ability to customize language options for different sites, translating text and pages as needed so customers get the same great shop experience no matter what language they prefer.
Shopify translation apps also help shop owners improve their SEO results by catering to more audiences and driving more traffic from around the world.
As the number of eCommerce stores continues to grow, so does the demand for good translation apps.
While there are many great options out there, these 9 translators rise to the top for their SEO features, translation management capabilities, and ease of use.
If you’re looking for a good translation app for your Shopify store, one of these 9 should be a great fit.