Sales professionals are always looking for new and innovative ways to find potential customers. Technology has made this process a lot easier, but knowing which tools are best for prospecting can still be difficult.
This blog post will discuss 13 of the best prospecting tools available today.
We will also talk about what makes these tools so effective, and how you can use them to find more prospects for your business.
What are the Best Prospecting Tools?
Identifying the best prospecting tools can be difficult, as there are many options available and they all work slightly differently. However, there are a few features that you should look out for to make the decision easier.
First, consider what type of information you need to gather. If you’re looking for company profiles, then tools like Zoominfo or Owler will be right for you. If all you need is to find the email address of a specific prospect, then Hunter or Leadmine will do the trick.
Second, think about the reach that a prospecting tool will give you. The best features in the world won’t help unless you have a large pool of relevant prospects to choose from. Tools such as LinkedIn Navigator or Builtwith leverage some of the largest and most extensive prospect databases on the market.
Finally, consider integration capabilities with CRMs and other external applications. What good is a prospect list if you can’t easily action it? Using a tool such as Crunchbase or Leadfuze can easily insert qualified leads into the sales pipeline and streamline your prospecting process.
By keeping these factors in mind, you can narrow down your options and choose the best prospecting tool for your needs.
1. LinkedIn Sales Navigator
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is the sales prospecting tool on the backend of the LinkedIn social media platform. This robust prospecting tool harnesses the vast database of LinkedIn users to generate prospect lists based on business-specific criteria.
- advanced search capabilities
- find leads and accounts using unique filters using company size, industry, job type, and more
- organize and manage prospect lists directly on the platform
- Reach out to leads using LinkedIn messages
- export lists using CRM integrations such as Salesforce and Microsoft 365
- embed LinkedIn profiles directly in the CRM for data validation purposes
- 1-month free trial
- Core $65/month
- Advanced $108/month
- Advanced Plus contact sales for pricing
The power of LinkedIn Sales Navigator lies in its ability to scrub the entire LinkedIn network. With 875 million users and counting, you have a wide selection of prospects to dig up information on. List management capabilities on the platform are sparse, but the ability to export to your CRM makes LinkedIn Sales Navigator an excellent prospecting tool for B2B businesses.
Crunchbase is a powerful private company prospecting tool. Made up primarily of a network of 4000 + global investment firms, Crunchbase has a wide pool of potential prospects. The platform allows you to search for private companies and find the contact information for key decision-makers.
- data from a network of 75M annual visitors, 4K + venture capital firms, 2K + news publications, and 75+ partners across sectors like B2B media, government, and academia.
- advanced search capabilities using criteria such as funding amount, company size, investors, acquisitions, and more
- set alerts for target companies to learn when they raise funding or hire new employees
- create custom prospecting lists of contacts within target companies.
- send emails directly from the platform with premade templates and personalized insights
- CRM integrations data exporting capabilities
- 7-day free trial
- Starter $29/month
- Pro $49/month
- Enterprise Contact Sales for pricing
Crunchbase has built a small empire around its portfolio of data partners. With insights on thousands of private companies, this prospecting tool gives you the power to generate lists that are highly relevant to your business. Advanced search, contact automation, and CRM integrations make Crunchbase a powerful arrow in the quiver for B2B sales and marketing.
Prelo allows you to find well-funded, fast-growing startups that are flying under the radar. Their database of newly funded startups is highly dynamic and growing. Pick your filters, curated a list of key contacts, and use an email finder to send targeted email campaigns.
- Highly curated list of startup contacts sent to your email box each week
- database of over 40,000 funded startups across 20 different industries and 1000s of locations
- contact and social info of over 200,000 targeted professionals within organizations
- Startups covered in the United States, Canada, Europe, Africa Asia, and the Middle East
- Outreach email automation and templates
- export contact list to your CRM
- Basic Free
- Standard $23/month
The Prelo prospecting platform is great for consulting teams, marketing agencies, and early-stage startups. Prelo helps you keep your finger on the pulse of the startup world and prospect promising companies that would otherwise slip between the cracks. If you are looking for a lead generation solution that can easily send drip campaigns in a few clicks, Prelo is your pick.
Emissary is a prospecting network that facilitates interactions with “advisors” within your industry. By leveraging the advisory network, Emissary gives you access to valuable sales and product insights. Their platform helps you organize prospect interactions and advisor connections.
- network of over 10,000 executive-level technology buyers
- filter and generate prospect lists based on role, recency, seniority, budgets, reporting structure, and more
- run email campaigns from a central platform
- generate and download engagement transcripts and recordings to share across your organization
- Salesforce CRM integrations
- contact sales for pricing
The Emissary network and prospecting tool is a great way to learn about product categories in your industry. The double benefit here is an intelligence-gathering system as well as a sales prospecting solution. For sales and marketing teams that need in-depth access and insights into a specific market, Emissary can help make those connections.
Zoominfo is a B2B prospecting tool. It leverages a massive company profile database to offer a complete suite of sales, marketing, employee, and operation prospecting solutions.
- database of more than 106 million company profiles, 60 million direct dials, and 5+ million C-Level contacts
- filter company prospect lists based on employee size, revenue, industry, buyer intent scores and more
- track customer interactions across multiple communication channels including calls, emails, and website chats.
- streamline customer interactions with data-powered phone and email automations
- vast integrations with external apps including CRMs, project management tools, email marketing, and more
- free trial
Zoominfo offers flexible pricing for its suite of prospecting tools
The Zoominfo network is one of the largest in the prospecting sphere. This massive 106 million profile database is also bolstered with an array of prospecting tools. Whether you want to cherry-pick company data for direct messaging or generate a complete list for export into external communications apps, Zoominfo has the data and the tools to get the job done.
Hunter is a web tool that finds email addresses associated with website domains. Leveraging a massive database of over 100 million indexed email addresses, Hunter can find and verify actual email addresses or generate the most likely email address for a specific person.
- 100+ million email addresses indexed
- search for company email addresses associated with website domains
- Export email addresses into a CSV file
- email address accuracy and deliverability verification
- Export lists directly to your CRM
- various integrations including browser extensions and email software
- Starter $49/month
- Growth $99/month
- Pro $199/month
- Business $399/month
The Hunter prospecting tool is a quick and easy way to find email addresses. The hunter domain search feature allows you to grab email addresses of specific people in a company by simply entering their website into the search bar. Generate contact lists and export them directly into a spreadsheet or into your CRM of choice for instant follow-up.
Vidyard is a video selling and sales prospecting tool that allows you to prospect virtually and sell remotely. The Vidyard solution includes a video recording, hosting, and messaging platform that integrates with external tools throughout every step of the sales cycle.
- intuitive video recording, hosting, and messaging tool
- send videos by email, Linkedin, and more
- video templates for every stage in the sales cycle
- track who watches your videos so you can follow up right away
- Embed videos directly on your website, blog, landing pages, etc.
- browser extensions and app integrations such as Salesforce, Marketo, Outreach, and more
- create unique video CTAs to drive real customer actions
- Pro $19/month
- Business $145/month
If your sales team is highly involved with virtual selling, Vidyard can help with engaging prospects at every step of the sales cycle. Their templates, integrations, and CTAs make it easy to use videos in your customer communications. Video analytics and CRM integrations show you the impact that Vidyard videos have on your overall prospecting strategy.
Overloop is a multichannel outbound messaging and prospecting solution. This tool allows you to create and automate cold email and LinkedIn messaging campaigns in one platform. CRM functionality makes it easy to manage your entire sales funnel with Overloop-specific tools.
- find email addresses on Linkedin Basic or through an online search function
- managing the entire sales process including prospecting, managing lists, and messaging on one platform
- automate multichannel messaging on email and LinkedIn
- Track email and LinkedIn campaign metrics including clicks, visits, bounces, and replies
- CRM functionality including workflows, task management, cross-team collaboration, and external integrations.
- 14-day free trial
- All Features $99/month
Prospecting and outreach can take many different forms. If your strategy is to primarily find contacts on LinkedIn, and reach out on messenger or email, Overloop can work wonders.
Instead of integrating a complex tech stack, Overloop allows you to pull a list from LinkedIn, automate one multichannel campaign, manage and track prospect responses, and drive sales all through one system. Take advantage of their 14-day free trial to see what its all about.
Leadfeeder is a sales prospecting tool that creates lists using website usage data. Find out which companies have used your website, find the contact info of the right person in that organization, and convert those contacts into new leads.
- Identify the names of companies and IPs of users visiting your website
- automatically segment prospect lists using web behavior statistics
- search for contact information of decision-makers from key companies
- Export contact information to spreadsheets, email marketing tools, or the CRM of your choice
- 14-day free trial
- Lite – free
- Premium – $79/month
Leadfeeder is a straight-forward platform that generates prospect lists from website usage data. When someone comes to your website, lead feeder can track their IP to determine which company they work for. You can then fidn their contact info and follow up with them by email, LinkedIn, or even by phone. B2B companies that place website traffic as a central focus of their sales strategy would benefit the most from using Leadfeeder.
Builtwith is a web technology tracking and lead generation prospecting tool. Compile lists of companies based on the technologies that they use to build their websites.
- database of over 673 million websites gathered over 22 years
- usage data on over 60,000 web technologies tracked
- Filter prospects by technology type, usage trends, technology spend, keywords, estimated employees, and more
- Generate lists of contact names, emails, and job titles
- Advanced analytics and predictive technology usage modeling
- CRM integrations such as Pardot, Zoho, Hubspot, Salesforce, and more
- Basic $295
- Pro $495
- Team $995
Builtwith is a unique prospecting solution for web technology companies and intermediaries with a stake in the web technologies market. With millions of data points to draw from, the Builtwith reporting and list-building platform proves to be a powerful option for creating highly segmented and detailed lists.
Leadfuze is a lead generation platform with an extensive database of business professionals and company profiles. Leverage the Leadfuze network to build highly relevant lists based on the criteria most relevant to your business.
- list building automation tool that adds new prospects to your lists based on preset criteria
- database of over 300 million business professionals and over 14 million companies
- Filter company lists based on fundraising, expansions, staff changes, partnerships, technologies used, and more
- gather information for contacts such as phone numbers, emails, social profiles, work history, college education, and more
- over 1000 external app integrations to export and utilize data
- Unlimited $397/month
- Scaling $497/month
- Custom – contact sales for pricing
The biggest strengths of the Leadfuze prospecting tool are its massive database and numerous integrations. With hundreds of millions of contacts to choose from, you will never have a shortage of potential prospects to work with. Additionally, the 1000+ app integrations make Leadfuze data highly actionable. Capture phone numbers, export your lists to email marketing, CRM, and other apps of your choice to streamline your sales activities.
Leadmine is an email finder and sales prospecting tool that helps you find email addresses associated with website domains. Using a growing database of 200 million email addresses, Leadmine gathers, filters, and verifies the deliverability of emails for your target companies’ employees.
- unique database of 200 million email addresses and 10 million companies
- generate and filter lists based on location, industry, revenue, position, company name, and employee count
- get employee email addresses associated with a company domain
- ping mail servers to verify email deliverability
- Chrome extension to find email addresses while browsing any website
- export lists in CSV format to spreadsheets
- Basic $29/month
- Essential $99/month
Leadmine has a simple and straightforward offering – find companies’ employees’ email addresses while browsing the internet. Use the verification tool to see if your existing contact info is actually deliverable. Export your list to a spreadsheet so you can continue the prospecting process. Take advantage of the free plan to gather a handful of emails per month – the paid plans give you credits to find many more.
Owler is a company profile prospecting tool. Using a growing database of 15 million company profiles, Owler monitors and updates profiles using scraping and user contributions. Get up-to-date information on target companies daily using the Owler insights, alerts, and reporting tool.
- database of 15 million Company Profiles, 45 million competitive relationships
- database updated by real users with over 500K monthly contributions
- set real-time alerts and daily updates on target prospects
- filter prospect lists based on company revenue, employee count, funding history, acquisitions, news, private/pulic status and more
- sync to CRMs and communication tools such as Slack, Salesforce, Buspot, and Microsoft Teams (Max plan feature)
- Community – Free
- Pro $35/month
- Max $50/month
Owler differentiates itself from the other sales prospecting tools out there by offering an in-depth daily alert and reporting feature. Instead of building a one-and-done list, get continual updates on your companies of interest. The free version allows you to follow up to 5 companies while the paid plans give you access to unlimited company profiles.
What is a Prospecting Tool?
A prospecting tool is any method used to gather information about potential customers. These methods could include anything from public records reviewers to market research processes.
Prospecting tools are essential for businesses of all sizes, as they provide a way to identify and assess potential opportunities. When used effectively, prospecting tools can help businesses boost their sales by targeting the most promising prospects and facilitating the sales process.
There are a wide variety of prospecting tools available such as B2B, B2C, email address finders, and list builders. Some prospecting tools gather information by scaping the internet while others maintain massive datasets of profiles of user-generated information.
The right solution will depend on what kind of customers your company would like to reach. However, a prospecting tool of some sort will massively benefit any company that continually needs to find new customers to add to its sales pipeline.
If you want to scale your sales, it’s important to have the right tools in your arsenal. A good sales prospecting tool can save time on repetitive tasks and help you run a seamless sales process. In this blog post, we’ve compiled a list of the best sales prospecting tools to help you close more deals.
All of the tools have unique strengths so it’s important to do your own research to find one that works for you. At the end of the day, a stream of fresh, curated leads coming into your pipeline will make a world of difference as you work toward market domination.