If you run a small business, finding the right company to provide custom packaging can be a daunting task. There are so many companies out there that offer custom packaging services, how do you know which one is right for you? We have compiled a list of the best custom packaging companies for small businesses, so you can rest assured that you’re getting the right custom packaging to get the job done.
What Are The Best Custom Packaging Companies?
There are countless custom packaging companies out there, but not all of them are created equal. So, what makes the best custom packaging companies the best? Here are a few key factors to consider:
Flexibility: The best custom packaging companies are flexible and able to adapt to the specific needs of their customers. No two businesses are alike, so it’s important to find a company that can provide custom solutions that meet your unique requirements.
Quality: When it comes to custom packaging, quality is paramount. You need to be confident that your packaging will protect your products and stand up to the rigors of shipping and handling. The best custom packaging companies use high-quality materials and construction methods to ensure that their products meet these standards.
Customer service: The best custom packaging companies go above and beyond when it comes to customer service. They’re responsive to questions and concerns, and they work hard to ensure that the packaging design comes out exactly how you want it.
Print quality: You want your custom packaging to look professional and high-quality, so be sure to check out samples from potential vendors to ensure they can meet your standards.
Turnaround time: How quickly do you need your custom packaging? Make sure the company you choose can meet your timeline without compromising on quality.
Cost: Of course, you’ll want to get the best value for your money. But keep in mind that cheaper isn’t always better. Custom packaging can be an investment that pays off in terms of increased brand awareness and sales.
These are just a few of the things that make the best custom packaging companies the best. When you’re looking for a custom packaging solution, keep these factors in mind to ensure that you’re working with a company that will meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
1. Refine Packaging
Refine packaging is a convenient, cost-effective custom packaging solution. Their custom boxes are built for multiple industries and styles including cosmetic, display, and gift boxes. In-house designers offer support on all box designs while affordability and quick turnaround are emphasized.
- custom design, sizes and styles
- turnaround in 8 – 10 business days
- work with in-house custom designers to create custom box designs
- print single or double-sided packaging designs
- 2D and 3D mockups provided before ordering
- Box categories for multiple industries and styles
- Free shipping on all orders
- price matching
- contact sales through chat, phone, or form to request a free quote
Refine Packaging shines with its ease-of-use, design, and quoting process. They have a solid selection of box styles and industry categories. While Refine might not be your bulk product packaging solution, they are a go-to for quality packaging for small-medium items when you need a quick and easy turnaround.
Packlane is a custom packaging design company that allows you to generate box designs online instantly. Their custom design lab gives users the ability to choose a packaging style, edit basic design elements, and generate a preview instantly. Quotes are generated automatically on orders under 2000 units.
- 4 main packaging styles: mailer boxes, product boxes, standard shipping, econoflex shipping
- online design platform allows you to change images, text, color, and branding and preview box designs
- priority options for a 10-day turnaround or less
- option to submit external design files such as adobe illustrator etc.
- print inside and outside of boxes
- digital proofs generated within 24 hours of order submission
- instant quotes on orders less than 2,000 units
- contact sales for quotes over 2,000 units
Packlane gives you convenience, a fast turn around, and good customer service at the expensive of customization. Your choices are limited to only 4 box styles. However, the online design lab and instant quotation system allows you to build something quickly. The fast turnaround time also speeds up the time it takes to go from ideation to having the product in your hand. All-in-all, Packlane is a solid option for small businesses that need custom boxes quickly in low quantities.
Vistaprint is a promotional product company that offers an assortment of custom branding items and packaging. Their selection of custom-branded packaging ranges from simple shipping boxes to envelopes, bags, and packing tape. Order custom-branded products using their online designer or utilizing their professional design services.
- variety of packaging styles and materials including shipping boxes, envelopes, pouches, bags, and more
- utilize 3D design studio or professional design services to create the final packaging design
- both outside and inside printing options
- 3, 5, and 8-day shipping options
- in-depth design and specification information available online
- Instant pricing set by unit quantity
Vistaprint is one of the main promotional and branding companies in the custom packaging space. They have an assortment of packaging options and always seem to be adding more. You can reliably find many creative ways to brand your business with Vistaprint products. Because they have their pricing information available online, you can pick out a package style, design it online, and get a quote at the quantity you need in minutes.
Pakfactory makes highly customized packaging for product and branding purposes. They offer a variety of packaging styles in various materials that can be customized in structure and design for your product and brand. Artwork and engineering design services help you create the ideal packaging exactly to your needs.
- multiple packaging types to choose from including cartons, corrugated, rigid, bags, inserts, labels, and displays.
- customer support guides you through the packaging selection and design process
- structural design and engineering tailor packaging to product design and branding requirements
- choose from 2000+ 3D design templates
- both one-time orders and periodic delivery options available
- contact sales to generate a quote
Pakfactory gives you a highly-tailored design experience. They really aim to get you the exact packaging you want by offering robust customer service, engineering design, and artwork design. If you’re looking for the cheap and easy option, you might have to pass on the Pakfactory because they aren’t cheap. However, their quality, customer service, and attention to detail make up for lack of speed and simplicity.
Packola is a packing company that offers a wide range of options. When it comes to boxes, they have a variety of different types that their clients can select from. In addition to this, they also offer branding items such as labels and custom packaging. Their online design system is easy to use, and their customer support is excellent. In terms of pricing, they are cost-competitive, provide pricing online, and claim to price match other offers.
- 3 box types and branding items to choose from
- website calculates prices in real time
- intuitive 3D design studio
- live chat with “packaging guru” to guide in the customization process
- option to upload design files from external editors – ex: Adobe Illustrator
- choose from multiple materials and printing styles
- ships in 10 business days
- price matching
- prices generated online based on quantity, dimensions, and material
Packola has a slick streamlined custom box design system. While they only have 3 main box types to choose from, they have a very intuitive online design platform. This design platform allows you to make changes to dimensions, color, patterns, logo and more – to get a nice-looking box designed in minutes. Additionally, the pricing is generated online so you know exactly what you’re getting for the cost. Ultimately, Packola is a price-competitive and convenient option for small businesses that need boxes right away.
Buyboxes offers custom-designed boxes that you can design online using their free online editor. They have 6 main box styles to choose from, and you can get instant pricing for your order. For bulk orders, you can work with a designer to develop a branded package specifically for your product.
- 6 main box styles to choose from
- design boxes online with free online editor
- no minimum order quantities
- instant pricing on small orders
- ships in 10 business days
- wholesaler system including volume discounts, design consultation, and fulfillment
- live chat to guide through the design process
- pricing generated online for smaller orders
- contact sales for pricing on bulk orders
Buyboxes is a great solution for multiple business needs. They provide quick low-volume solutions and high-quality, bulk designed product packaging. Their online editor makes it easy to design your box, but you also have the option to work with structural and artistic designers to make the exact box you want. Quick turnaround, customer support, and convenience make Buyboxes a good choice for many small business’ needs.
FedEx is a massive shipping and transportation company that also offers custom boxing services. Their wide selection of shipping and custom-branded boxes allow you to ship almost anything. For quick, one-off branding jobs, use their online design tool to design a custom box and get instant pricing.
FedEx also offers tons of support and resources on how to package products properly and securely. They will even test your packaging to make minimize product damage during shipping.
- wide selection of standard and specialty boxes (golf bag, bike, guitar, TV etc.)
- ships in 10 business days, shipping takes 3 – 5 days to arrive
- online design tool
- instant pricing online
- customer support including package testing services to protect against damage during transportation
- diverse box design and branding options
- Instant pricing online based on design and order quantity
Overall, FedEx is a solid choice for shipping products. They have clearly figured out how to design boxes as evidenced by their extensive list of specialty box types. Whether you need to ship guitars around the world or design a handful of branded mailer boxes, FedEx has got you covered.
8. Sticker Mule
Stickermule is a promotional item company that offers a selection of custom packaging and labels. Their 4-day turnaround, intuitive online design tool, and easy ordering make them a quick and simple custom packaging solution.
- Several custom packaging options including shipping bags, shipping tape, bubble mailers, and labels
- online proofs generated in 8 hours
- Free shipping in 4 days
- bright full color printing
- intuitive online design tool
- instant pricing online based on size and quantity
Stickermule is your quick and easy packaging solution. They offer a small selection of custom bags, mailers, and labels compared to other options out there. However, they offer a super fast turnaround time, their online design tool is basic but effective, and they give you instant pricing online. For these reasons, small businesses flock to Stickermule for quick, small-batch packaging on small items.
Fantastapack is a web-to-pack custom box and print designer. They offer a selection of high-quality corrugated cardboard boxes and custom printing. They specialize in print and finish quality while allowing uses to design custom boxes easily online.
- 34+ styles of custom boxes to choose from including shoe boxes, book mailers, and wine display gift boxes.
- strong 32 ECT corrugated boxes with multiple material finishes to choose from
- lead production time is 10 – 15 business days + 4 – 7 days shipping time
- inside and outside printing options
- online art studio to build custom packaging designs
- Option to upload Adobe Illustrator or other external design files
- online chat and support centre
- Instant pricing online based on dimensions and quantity
Fantastapack makes it easy to get high-quality boxes in the exact dimensions you want with the exact print and finish that you want. Where they nail the production quality and boast a good selection of box styles, they certainly fall behind on lead times. With Fantastapack, you’re getting convenience and quality at the expense of speed.
Arka is an eco-friendly custom packaging company. They provide an assortment of small to medium-sized boxes, mailers, stickers, and labels. They differentiate themselves from other custom packaging companies with FSC-certified materials and fulfilling small orders with no minimums.
- 18 packaging items including 7 branded and 11 unbranded boxes, mailers, and labels
- Eco friendly FSC certified products
- Use online designer or send in artwork to utilize internal designers
- single or double-sided printing
- design proof is generated within 2 business days
- 2 – 3 weeks production time + 2 – 7 business days shipping
- online chat and customer support
- generate instant quotes based on quantity, size, and quality
If you need a sharp-looking custom box or bag in low quantities, Arka is a great pick. They have a very straightforward design process and good customer support to help you through designing your packaging. The downsides of Arka would be the long lead times and the limited selection of packaging styles. However, they make up for it with a simplicity of design that gives your products a professional look and feel.
Uline is your one-stop shipping supply store. They offer a wide selection of shipping supplies in various sizes, materials, and shapes to meet your shipping needs. With over 40,000 items in stock, Uline offers a quick turnaround on its huge catalog of products.
- Variety of shipping packaging including boxes, mailers, poly bags, envelops, stretch wrap, labels, and other shipping supplies
- Specialty packaging for food items, furniture, apparel, static shielding, and more
- over 1,700 box sizes from large to small
- small selection of custom-branded products
- same day shipping
- instant pricing generated online
Uline has a huge selection of shipping supply products. They don’t offer much for custom design but make up for it in sheer volume and variety. They keep all of their products stocked so you can get same-day shipping on most things. If you need plain packaging of any type, Uline is likely to have it. For quick and generic packaging supplies, Uline is your pick.
12. Custom Boxes Market
Custom Boxes Market is a wholesale product packaging company. They design custom retail product packaging and sell it in wholesale volumes. Their designs are made in high-quality print and materials, while their focus is utility as well as the unboxing experience.
- Wide selection of custom specialty packaging including food, healthcare products, retail, electronics, cosmetics display, and more
- 6-day turnaround
- free custom design services and support
- 100 boxes minimum order
- Designs focused on the unboxing experience
- select product, artwork, and specifications to request a quote
Custom Boxes Market designs custom boxes for retail products. Their services aren’t geared so much for bulk shipping as they are for packaging your product in a slick box. Their boxes are unique, quality, and have a focus on the customer experience. For small businesses that need product packaging that impresses, Custom Box Market will do the trick.
Packhelp is a complete product packaging solution company. Their full suite of packaging services includes custom design, warehousing, and supply chain management software. Integration of these aspects gives businesses the ability to source and manage product packaging efficiently.
- Variety of custom packaging products including boxes, mailers, tubes, bags, envelopes, and accessories
- online packaging design platform
- online packaging supply chain management software for ordering automation, analysis, and more
- storage and warehousing services
- structural engineering services to build unique package types
- order financing options
- 7-day turnaround
- instant quotes
- price matching
Packhelp doesn’t just give you a box, they provide a full custom packaging solution. Not only do they have a team of designers that help you design great packaging for your products, but they will also stock your packaging, source the right materials for your price, and automate delivery for when your stock is low.
They even have software that can analyze your packaging efficiency. For small to medium-sized businesses that have complex packaging needs or want to scale up, Packhelp has got your back.
What is Custom Packaging?
Custom packaging is packaging that is designed specifically for shipping, delivery or storage of products. It can be made to fit a wide variety of sizes and shapes and can be customized to meet the branding requirements of a company.
Custom packaging can be made from different materials, including paper, plastic, metal, and glass. It is usually more expensive than standard packaging, but it can offer significant benefits in terms of protecting and promoting a product.
Unique marketing opportunities can also arise from using custom packaging. For example, custom packaging can be used to create a unique unboxing experience for a customer, or to create a special look for a limited edition product. Ultimately, custom packaging helps differentiate a company by conveying something meaningful about a product.
Custom packaging is an important part of any small business’ marketing and distribution strategy. Hopefully, this list of best packaging companies has helped you find one that meets your unique needs.
Flexibility, quality, customer service, print quality, and turnaround time are some of the characteristics that make these companies great at what they do.
At the end of the day, your product’s packaging is an extension of your company. Don’t leave this up to random chance and get custom packaging that makes your product shine.