When it comes to eCommerce, email marketing is one of the most effective ways to connect with your customers and increase sales. In this blog post, we will discuss 7 of the best email marketing software programs available for businesses of all sizes. We will also provide a brief overview of each program and highlight its key features. So whether you are just starting out or you are looking for an upgrade, read on for the best email marketing software programs out there!
What is the Best Email Marketing Software for eCommerce?
Running a successful eCommerce business has many moving parts. The best email marketing software for eCommerce should help you run your business and make your life easier.
The best eCommerce email marketing software typically has these features:
- Good marketing automation
- Customer Segmentation
- Ease of Use
- Good Integrations
Automation allows you to setup advanced email marketing campaigns, and let them run on their own. This is perfect for eCommcerce businesses because there is always more work to do. Many platforms have prebuilt email marketing automation flows to make is even easier to set and forget.
Customer segmentation gives you the ability to send personalized messages to contacts at the perfect time. A good email marketing platform will take rich behavior data from your eCommerce store, and feed it into your email marketing campaigns. Lead followup, abandoned cart notifications, and tailor-made promotions are all possible with customer segmentation.
Ease-of-use is an important factor when choosing the right email marketing software for your business. Fortunately, the top email marketing tools are quick to setup and easy to use even the most advanced features. Email templates, sample workflows, and drag-and-drop editors are all hallmarks of the top brands.
Finally, you want to make sure that your email marketing software connects to your eCommerce store and integrates with the tools you already use. The most powerful aspects of email marketing rely on using cross-domain data to make driven decisions and create a unified shopping experience.
Now that we know what makes the best email marketing software for eCommerce, let’s take a look at our top picks!
Klaviyo is an email and SMS marketing platform with in-depth data collection and automation features. Connect Kalviyo with your eCommerce store to gather data on shoppers’ behavior and send targeted emails based on detailed customer segments.
- email and SMS automation
- 260+ tech integrations including ecommerce stores
- segment audience by behavior, profile property, location, list, predicted LTV, or order date
- dynamic content based on coupons, browsing activity, and product preferences
- segment form delivery by retargeting existing users
- customizable email templates
- free plan with under 250 contacts per month
Pricing plans based on number of contacts
- Email starting from $20/month
- Email & SMS starting from $35/month
Klaviyo is the perfect email marketing extension to eCommerce strategy. With its rich data collection and extensive app integrations, Klaviyo provides a seamless shopping experience across platforms. Set up automated email marketing campaigns to deliver promotions, product displays, and transactional emails that look and feel exactly like your website.
Because Kalviyo tracks everything, you can create increasingly intricate drip feeds and customer segments over time. The best part is that starting up to 250 contacts is free!
Sendinblue is a fully integrated eCommerce email marketing solution. Connect the Sendinblue platform directly to your eCommerce store to create custom landing pages, automate abandoned-cart followups, and deliver custom email sequences based on user behavior.
- fully integrated marketing platform with email, SMS, chat, and contact management
- send transactional emails to make sales through inboxes
- design professional branded emails with starter templates and a drag-and-drop editor
- robust email marketing platform with automation and customer segmentation features
- track contact interactions in one central database
- custom signup forms and landing pages
- Facebook ad retargeting options
- extensive eCommerce plugins and integrations
- Starter – $25/month
- Business – $65/month
- Enterprise – $1000/month
Sendinblue has everything that you need to scale your eCommerce sales. It allows you to build out complex sales funnels that integrate seamlessly with online shopping experiences. You have full control over signup forms, drip campaigns, list segmentation, and landing pages. Automatically send follow-up emails for abandoned carts. Ultimately, you can choose to engage with contacts through email, SMS, or chat so you can meet your contacts where they’re at.
3. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is an email, digital marketing, and automation software. Their suite of products includes a highly integrative email marketing platform that creates custom lead forms, manages contact lists, and constructs robust email automations and drip campaigns.
- dynamic drag-and-drop email editor
- 100s of email templates
- robust email automations including welcome emails, abandoned cart reminders, and personalized birthday discounts
- manage contact lists directly on the platform
- built-in analytics measuring open rate, shares, engagement and more
- built-in a/b testing functionality
- custom sign-up forms, surveys, and polls
- Email and SMS messaging
- CRM integrations
- Core – starting at $9.99/month
- Plus – starting at $45/month
Constant Contact is a great option for small businesses. It’s easy to set up, very intuitive and includes hundreds of professional templates for virtually any email marketing purpose. They boast a best-in-class delivery rate of 97% which speaks to their reliability as an email marketing services provider.
Mailchimp is an industry titan in the email marketing and automation space. The Mailchimp platform offers a full suite of email marketing tools as well as AI-assisted analytics and marketing optimizations.
- content optimizer makes data-driven suggestions to maximize industry-specific campaigns
- automate email campaigns with prebuilt personalized customer journeys
- build on-brand creative emails with 100s of predesigned templates and individual contact blocks
- build highly customizable contact segments using cross-domain tracking and analytics
- update customers on their purchases or account activity with personalized transactional emails
- send retargeting ads to email contacts on Google, Facebook or Instagram
- 300+ software integrations
- Essentials – starts at $13/month
- Standard – starts at $20/month
- Premium – starts at $350/month
Mailchimp makes it easier than ever for businesses or agencies to build highly engaging data-driven email funnels. With its predictive analytics capabilities, you can pinpoint your communications on the customers that will bring in the most value. Constantly improve your copy, imagery, and layout by feeding your campaign results back into the system. Additionally, with hundreds of integrations, you’ll never have to worry about connecting the Mailchimp system with your eCommerce store of choice.
5. Active Campaign
Active Campaign is an email marketing, marketing automation, and customer experience platform. Build a powerful eCommerce sales experience with cross-domain customer management, pre-built email automation templates, and in-depth customer segmentation.
- 100s of prebuilt customer cycle automations
- message personalization across chat, SMS, email, social media, and more
- 850+ cross-app integrations
- manage customer experience workflows and contact lists in one central app
- segment contacts based on past browsing, shopping behavior, and engagement level
- automatically track order fulfillment in-app
- email templates, custom sign-up forms, and a drag-and-drop email designer
- Lite – 10$/month
- Plus – $63/month
- Professional – $193/month
- Enterprise – contact sales for pricing
Active Campaign allows you to supercharge your eCommerce experience by designing the marketing automation of your dreams. Access a library of thousands of automation templates, customize them to your liking, and send personalized messages across apps to maximize customer lifetime value. Feed data into your campaigns with hundreds of integrations and send the right messages to the right people at the right times.
GetResponse with inbound marketing and email automation platform. Combine online marketing operations for your eCommerce store with a full suite of marketing tools including email automation, landing page and forms builders, and even webinar hosting.
- convert web traffic with signup forms, popups, and lead-capture landing pages
- send complex marketing automations such as abandon cart followups with prebuilt automation templates
- score and segment customers based on unique traits
- automate personalized email campaigns using customizable email templates
- over 200 redesigned landing page and signup form templates
- design and run remarketing ads directly on-app
- host webinars for up to 1,000 live attendees
- make data-driven decisions with extensive email and marketing reports
- Email Marketing – starting at $19/month
- Marketing Automation – starting at $59/month
- Ecommerce Marketing – starting at $119/month
Combine your digital marketing efforts and conquer with GetResponse. This marketing automation platform thrives in its ability to unify many aspects of the email marketing process into one. Make a landing page, construct a signup form, set up a drip campaign, and connect your online store to send automated follow-ups all in one central platform. The eCommerce version of this product gives you many tools to optimize the shopping experience like abandoned cart recovery, promo codes, and product recommendations. Overall, GetResponse is a solid option to take your eCommerce business to the next level.
Keap is an all-in-one email marketing, CRM system, and marketing automation platform. Capture leads, automatically follow up, and store contacts in a built-in CRM system. Use data analytics and cross-domain integrations to serve personalized email communications to highly-targeted customer segments.
- collect leads with prebuilt lead capture blueprints and landing page templates
- curate email templates for specific customer segments in your CRM
- highly personalized marketing automation flows such as new lead capture, appointment reminders, sales nurture emails, and purchase follow-ups
- capture lead info like behavior, preferences, likeliness to buy, and more
- in-depth customer support with the Keap content academy, user community, and marketing content library
- over 4000+ app integrations
- 14-day free trial
- Pro – starting at $129/month
- Max – starting at $199/month
Keap is a fully comprehensive email marketing software that is perfect for small businesses and eCommerce business owners. With over 4000+ integrations with other apps, Keap has the ability to integrate your email marketing strategy with pretty much any external platform imaginable. It has robust but easy-to-visualize automation flows, professional-looking templates, and a solid front-end lead capture system. All-in-all, you can’t go wrong with what you get in the Keap suite. Take advantage of the 14-day free trial to try it out yourself.
What is Email Marketing Software for eCommerce?
Email marketing is a form of direct marketing that uses electronic mail as a means of communication. Email marketing software is used to create, send and track mass email campaigns. It is often used by eCommerce businesses to promote their products and services to a large audience.
Email marketing software typically includes features such as email list management, email template creation, tracking and reporting, and autoresponders. Some email marketing platforms also offer additional features, such as lead capture forms and landing pages.
Email marketing can be an effective way to reach a large audience with minimal effort. However, it is important to choose the right email marketing software to ensure that your campaigns are successful.
Email marketing can be a powerful add-on to your eCommerce marketing strategy.
Once you’ve determined your email marketing goals and objectives, it’s time to choose the best email marketing software for your eCommerce business. Keep in mind that the best software for one business may not be the best for another, so it’s important to find the tool that fits your unique needs.
Hopefully, the list of our top picks for email marketing software has helped you get started. Remember to look for the software with the best automation features, segmentation, integration, and ease of use.
Once your email campaigns are setup and running, the sky is the limit for how far you can take your sales and ultimately grow your business.