It can be hard to find the right talent for the job, and even harder to find quality workers who are affordable.
You could spend hours searching through generic job boards or classified ads, only to end up with a lot of unqualified candidates. If you hire the wrong person, you can be sure that you’ll be hiring again soon enough, repeatedly going through the same costly process.
Outsourcing websites make it easy to find the right talent for the job. With a little help in your recruitment process, you can find qualified workers from all over the world within minutes.
Outsourcing websites have been my go-to method to find quality workers. I love the simplicity and efficiency of the remote working model. The ease and reliability of these platforms save tons of costs on recruiting and hiring and usually get a better result.
This blog post will go over the 11 best outsourcing websites to help grow your business in 2024! We’ll also talk about how and where to find the best hires possible.
Let’s get started!
What are the Best Outsourcing Websites?
Outsourcing websites offer a variety of services and can be an invaluable resource for businesses looking to grow and scale their operations.
Many outsourcing websites provide skilled professionals who specialize in areas such as data entry, virtual assistant services, research, customer service, and more.
Whether you are an established business owner or an entrepreneur seeking help, it is important to thoroughly research outsourcing websites to ensure that they have the talent base that you’re looking for. Some outsourcing websites have rigorous vetting procedures for freelancers prior to hiring, while others allow you to do the screening yourself.
Some outsourcing websites facilitate the entire client-freelancer relationship while others make the introduction and let you work together from there.
Ultimately, the best outsourcing websites should help you find the talent you need quickly and efficiently.
Fortunately, there is a multitude of outsourcing websites that can help you succeed – let’s take a look!
Upwork is one of the most popular freelancing and outsourcing platforms today. You can find talent to complete work on anything from writing & translation to engineering & architecture.
What makes Upwork so popular is its massive database of workers and its intuitive all-in-one user interface. This makes it dead simple to find and engage workers – with the ability to complete projects directly on the platform.
- No cost until you hire
- browse talent by categories including development & IT, design & creative, sales & marketing, writing & translation, and more
- hire talent for preplanned projects
- hire freelance workers worldwide
- in-depth talent profiles including portfolios, past work, and ratings
- hire based on either hourly or fixed-price contracts
- cloud-based online workspace to communicate, manage projects, send and receive files, and make payments in escrow
- 5% processing fee per transaction
- Marketplace and Project Catalog jobs have a project initiation fee of $4.95 USD
Upwork aggregates workers from all over the world. Its main strength is the sheer number of workers you can find on the platform.
I have been using Upwork for years and I’m always blown away by how many quality applicants I regularly find on this platform. In fact, I sometimes get lost in the sea of accounts, going down the rabbit hole of reading worker profiles. Luckily, they have a solid categorization and filtering system so you can always find exactly what you need.
When I need to hire external talent, Upwork is my initial go-to for finding qualified workers. Compared to other platforms, Upwork stands out for casting the widest net. Because of the sheer mass, I can usually find someone quickly. If you need a more specific skillset, other platforms might work better.
If you’re a business owner or professional looking for help on a project, Upwork is a fantastic place to start for hiring remote workers. If you need someone to help NOW, just sign up for an account and get started. It’s free so there’s no downside.
Create a Free Account on Upwork
Easily find and engage talented workers with an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Choose from a database of global freelancers.
Fiverr is an online marketplace connecting businesses with freelancers in diverse fields from graphic design and writing to programming and coaching. The platform’s premise is that freelancers sell projects at rates in increments of $5 USD.
- Marketplace of talent categories including graphics & design, digital marketing, writing and translation, video & animation, Programming & tech and more
- Access prevetted freelancers on Fiverr Pro
- collaborate with workers, manage projects, and share freelancers in one central workspace
- project-based pricing – no hourly rates
- secure payments in escrow
- 24/7 customer service support
- 5.5% service fee per transaction
Fiverr is a great option for your freelancing needs. Just like Upwork, it has a massive catalog of services to choose from. The main difference between Fiverr and Upwork though, is Fiverr’s project-based pricing (no hourly rates). On Upwork, the client typically posts a job and freelancers apply to it, Fiverr lists freelancers’ projects for the client to browse.
This makes the work that you get slightly less customizable.
However, Fiverr does offer customization on projects through basic, standard, and premium pricing tiers. Plus, you can also message the freelancer before starting work if you have special requests.
The interface is a little bit messier than Upwork and I find that a bunch of random service listings clog up the platform – making it feel less professional.
Some of the lower-priced services are clearly copy-pasted hot garbage so you have to look out for that. But if you do your due diligence, you can find some great freelancers. They also have a “Fiverr Pro” service that pre-vets workers.
With Fiverr, you get access to the Wild West of internet freelancing. The platform truly hosts the good, the bad, and the ugly. Personally, I like the feeling of sifting through projects to find the gems in the rough. If you’re looking to hire someone right now and you enjoy the hunt for great work at bargain prices, start a free account on Fiverr, you’ll get your fill and more.
Create a Free Account on Fiverr
Browse a catalog of diverse project types and engage with freelancers from around the world.
Freelancer is a talent outsourcing and freelance marketplace platform. Browse a deep pool of over 50 million global freelancers, post jobs, and receive competitive bids. Choose from over 1800 skill sets to meet your unique outsourcing needs.
- hire expert freelancers in over 1800 skillsets including technical, professional, and creative fields
- pay freelancers either a fixed price or an hourly rate
- post your outsourced job as a competition and receive bids from freelancers
- freelancers pay membership fees based on monthly bid limits
- pay using the escrow Milestone Payment system
- outsourcing collaboration tools to work with talent, share files, chat in real-time, and manage projects
- freelancer API integrates the cloud workforce with your project management solutions
- 3% on every project
Freelancer is kind of like the fast-paced, creative version of the outsourcing website world. When you post a job, you can expect bids within 60 seconds 80% of the time. The vast network of freelancers also gives you a wealth of options to choose from.
The online interface resembles Upwork in terms of the categories and filtering options. You also get the option of hiring on fixed price OR hourly rate jobs (similar to Upwork but different from Fiverr’s fixed price only).
Freelancer offers recruitment services and also displays worker accounts with “preferred” status. I really like using these features to sift through the avalanche of applicants that you typically get.
Overall, Freelancer is a reputable company that’s been around for a long time. They have aggregated a large talent pool and developed an intuitive process for finding and engaging workers. When you post a job, applicants come in hard and fast so you’ll be pleased with how quickly you can hire.
Sign-up now if you’re looking to find help right away.
Create a Free Account on Freelancer
Quickly find creative talent on an intuitive online marketplace of global freelancers.
Toptal is an outsourcing platform that boasts access to the top 3% of freelance talent all over the world. This talent pool is selected from the “top 3%” of applicants every month. Toptal’s premium talent pool is developed from a rigorous screening process – including language tests, skill reviews, interview screenings, test projects, and performance reviews.
- hire freelancers from a talent pool of mainly developers, designers, finance experts, project managers, and more
- Freelancers are screened with a series of tests including, language and personality, in-depth skill review, a live screening, test projects, and ongoing reviews.
- hire freelancers on hourly contracts or full-time engagements
- work with Toptal experts to match with the right talent for your needs
- hub of digital tools and online utilities for developers, designers, and finance experts for project management
- pay with all major credit cards, ACH, bank wires, and PayPal.
- 2-week risk-free trial with a money-back guarantee
- charges a fee on top of the freelancer’s set rate – rate varies based on project and talent type
The main difference between Toptal, Upwork, and Fiverr is the quality and the price of the freelancers in Toptal’s network. They take the time to only hire the best and you will pay much more for the premium talent. Freelancers typically charge anywhere between $60 USD and $300 USD PER HOUR (whereas Upwork freelancers charge more like $10 – $100 USD per hour).
They also only have 5 main areas of expertise to choose from. But within each category are dozens of subcategories so you’re not really that limited.
Keeping the hefty prices in mind, you can definitely expect high-quality work. Many people speak highly of the platform and I can attest to the value of ensuring top-notch deliverables. Toptal also puts a lot of effort into matching candidates with your job description.
If you’re looking to find the creme de la creme in the freelancer world and also ok paying a premium for it, Toptal will not disappoint.
Onlinejobs.ph is an online job board for virtual workers in the Philippines. Choose from a talent pool of various skill sets including VAs, video editors, web design, programmers, and more.
- communicate, hire, and pay workers directly – no transaction fees on top of monthly membership
- both employee and employer vetting process to ensure effective recruitment for both parties
- $500 recruitment service to find workers to hire for you
- talent pool of over 250,000 virtual workers
- Timeproof time tracking and reporting software to add trust between worker and employer
- risk-free money-back guarantee
- Pro – $69/month
- Premium – 99$/month
OnlineJobs.ph gives you access to a great base of talented workers. Filipinos are generally well-educated, loyal, honest, hard-working, and proficient at English, and their services are priced reasonably. The OnlineJobs.ph platform makes it easy to hire the right workers for your job while not nickel and diming you with fees on every transaction. For a very reasonable monthly fee, you can post jobs, match with candidates, and easily recruit them as virtual workers from your business.
Guru is a global outsourcing website and freelance job board. Access a talent pool of over 3 million experts across multiple domains. Post jobs for free, receive quotes and vet the best candidate for your needs. Use the online platform to coordinate jobs, manage work engagements, and pay all in one central location.
- over 3 million freelancers worldwide
- choose from diverse skillsets from app developers to writers
- post a job and receive quotes within hours
- collaborate, communicate, and track work on platform with virtual workrooms
- outsource based on fixed price, hourly, task-based, or recurring payment plans
- Facilitate payment directly on platform using Safepay payment protection
- 24/7 customer support
- 2.9% handling fee on all payments
Guru provides a simple and cost-effective way to find and hire virtual talent. Their rates are straight-up cheaper than their top competitors at 2.9% per transaction. While the basic plan doesn’t include any help with vetting and finding workers, you can save a good chunk by handling the recruitment yourself. Simply post a job, choose from your list of applicants, and manage the entire project directly on the platform.
FreeUp is an outsourcing platform and network of handpicked freelancers in the US and international markets. Workers are pre-vetted for skills, attitude, and communication so you can be sure that you’re hiring the best of the best.
- international talent pool consisting of heavily vetted freelancers – only 1% of applicants let in
- Diverse talent skillsets including web development, graphic design, customer service, digital marketing, Amazon, and copywriting.
- submit job requests for free
- account managers pair you with qualified candidates within 24 hours
- manage all hours, billings, and future requests from a central account
- 24/7 customer support
- Entry Level – $5 to $15 per hour
- Mid Level – $15 to $30 per hour
- Expert Level – $30 to $75 per hour
FreeUp has built a nice pool of remote workers through a vigorous application process. They claim that only 1% of applicants get in so you know that you’re hiring based on quality. Their pricing is simple and easy to gauge – from entry-level to expert, you can easily determine your skill/investment level accordingly. Employers get an account manager that helps with every step of the process including contact, recruitment, job management, and applicant replacement.
8. Outsource Accelerator
Outsource Accelerator is a Philippines outsourcing marketplace and advisory. Deal directly with BPOs listed in the Outsource Accelerator marketplace that can then provide you with skill-specific talent. Learn about outsourcing best practices from a massive repository of articles and podcasts or booking a call with an advisory expert.
- comprehensive directory of over 3,000 business processing outsourcing (BPO) firms from around the globe
- segment talent by sector, roles, and company type
- access 5,000 articles and 350+ podcast episodes to teach yourself about outsourcing online
- receive advice from top outsourcing experts with the Outsource Accelerator Advisory program
- apply for 3 free independent quotes
- variable prices depending on job type and firm
Outsource accelerator is an excellent way to leverage the offshore marketplace to build a virtual workforce. The platform aggregates a list of the top outsourcing companies in the Philippines which makes sourcing valuable talent a chinch. Their team of advisors will help you recruit and work within the best outsourcing framework possible. Get your 3 free independent quotes today to get started.
Gigster is a software development outsourcing network and project platform. This Silicon Vally based company has assembled a global cohort of top talent in the software space. Post your job and get a fully managed development team assembled in a week and working to deliver your next blockchain, NFT, AI/ML, IOT, cloud, or enterprise software build.
- choose from a select network of talent including 600+developers, 200+ project managers, and 100+ designers
- extensive screening process to ensure that small cohort of true experts are listed in the talent pool
- efficient job completion with project managers building specs 80% faster than average and developers starting with 60% of the code already written
- platform uses machine learning to cross-reference projects and catch delays and bugs before they happen
- Gigster team takes an active role in assembling an optimal team for your project
- extensive code library from past projects utilized for highly specialized software solutions
- fixed project pricing with minimum $52,000 project size
- 15% service fee per project
Gister is the premium outsourcing website on the block. Their jobs are typically in the high 5 figures to 6-figure ranges. However, you can rest assured that your job will be in good hands. Gister will provide you with a highly curated team of world-class engineers to build your software to exact spec. If you need a step up from the competing one-off outsourcing platforms, call in the big guns and go with Gigster.
99designs is a freelance designer community that connects designers with clients. Browse thousands of designer profiles across 90+ design skill sets to find your perfect candidate. Run contests for your design project and choose your favorite submission.
- run a contest, get multiple submissions from dozens of designers, pick your favorite, and work with the design to make changes
- order logos, websites, packaging design, and more
- browse designer profiles and filter based on skillsets and experience level
- designers prevetted by a quality team and rated as entry, mid, and top level
- work with designers directly on the 99designs platform, exchange files, and process payments
- quick turnaround on small projects within hours or days
- get a full-service brand identity package with Pro Studio
- Bronze – $299 / contest
- Silver – $499 / contest
- Gold – $799 / contest
- Platinum – $1,199 / contest
99designs is great for small businesses that need a quick logo design or need to find branding and design specialists for ongoing work. The design contests have built a reputation as an effective way to get a good-sized sample and find a perfect design for a good rate. The 99designs platform makes it easy to work with designers, facilitate transactions, and exchange the completed design files directly onto your computer so you can be on your way.
Problogger is a leading online marketplace for blog-related jobs. Post a job for a flat fee and choose from a talent pool of over 10,000 candidates and growing. Browse candidate profiles and filter searches to find the exactly blog related skill that you need.
- manage job postings from central Employer Panel
- choose from a pool of 10,000+ candidates
- find blog related talent such as writers, editors, web developers, SEO consultants, virtual assistants, and more
- Browse candidate profiles and filter by skillset, job category, and topic
- communicate directly with your candidates and facilitate project work independently
- Standard – $80 / listing
- Featured – $160 / listing
Problogger has built a reputation as a way to find great writers who can deliver on blogging-related projects. When you post a job with Problogger, you can expect a highly specialized talent pool of blog-specific workers. Easily post a job for a reasonable standard rate and get tons of high-quality applicants in a matter of days.
What are Outsourcing Websites?
Outsourcing websites are platforms that connect businesses with outsourcing services and products.
By leveraging these websites, companies can efficiently search for, purchase, and manage the outsourcing of all types of solutions to help them scale their business needs.
They are an invaluable time saver for businesses as a simple online search is often all it takes to source the best outsourcing services from around the globe. This can unlock a variety of cost savings, access innovative solutions and talented individuals, increase output in less time, and reduce operational costs.
In conclusion, outsourcing websites are a great way to get work done quickly and efficiently. They provide access to skill-specific talent pools and help businesses streamline their recruitment processes. Ultimately, outsourcing helps you complete tasks that you cannot complete on your own.
The best outsourcing websites are those that have the talent you need, make it easy to find and hire talent, and help you outsource for a reasonable cost.
If you are looking for an outsourcing company to use, consider one of the options on this list.