According to Biz Group, 86% of employees cite a lack of proper communication and collaboration as a major factor in workplace failures. In a world of increasing complexity and higher rates of remote work, using a project management tool is now more important than ever.
I can confidently say that project management tools have saved my 100s of wasted hours in production by simply increasing communication capacity.
These nifty software tools offer an impressive suite of solutions that allow your team members to communicate, contribute, and monitor the various stages of a project, irrespective of location.
In this blog post, we will discuss 7 of the best project management tools in the world and how you can use them to take your business to the next level.
What Are the Best Project Management Tools?
With the large number of project management services and the vast array of options they offer, it’s easy to get a bit overwhelmed. Therefore, it is important to consider several factors before choosing such a tool.
This includes things like the features and functionalities offered by the service, the size of your team, cost and pricing models, customization, scalability, ease of use, security features, integration with other tools, and so on.
So here’s a list of 7 of the best project management software to catapult your business to the next level.
Monday.com is a cloud-based project management tool that was launched in 2014. The software offers a highly customizable interface that allows data visualization, project tracking, and group collaboration.
One of the key benefits offered by the platform is flexibility, with customizable building blocks forming the basic structure of the platform.
This work OS allows you to easily integrate other applications into your workflow and summarizes this as an easily navigable central dashboard.
- Monday.com offers a set of custom user boards which can be personalized for a variety of projects. These boards offer pre-built templates, color coding, custom columns, task dependencies, and so on.
- The platform offers multiple views such as Kanban, calendar, Gantt, and map view. It can also be accessed through the web app and mobile devices.
- Monday.com makes your workflow easier to summarize with a streamlined dashboard that offers several key pieces of information at a glance.
- The platform offers top-notch communication through dedicated channels for updates, notifications, mentions, and interactive work documents.
- This project management tool is versatile and can be used by several customers ranging from small businesses to freelancers and even large enterprises.
- Monday.com Interfaces with multiple platforms such as Microsoft Outlook, GitHub, Gmail, Trello, OneDrive, Google Drive, Jotform, Slack, LinkedIn for Business, Meta for Business, Asana, Adobe Creative Cloud, Zendesk Suite, Microsoft Excel, and so on.
- The workflow OS also offers a great deal of automation, which is a great way of improving your efficiency and boosting productivity.
Here is a breakdown of the Monday.com price options.
- A free plan which offers limited features for up to two seats.
- Basic plan: starting at $10/seat/month billed monthly (or $8/seat/month when billed annually.
- Standard plan: starting at $12/seat/month billed monthly (or $10/seat/month when billed annually)
- Pro plan: starting at $20/seat/month billed monthly (or $16/seat/month when billed annually).
- Enterprise plan: priced according to the specific requirements of the company.
- There is also a 14-day free trial with no credit card needed and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Monday.com is a great project management tool for small, medium, and large businesses that emphasize collaboration. Its flexibility, interconnectivity, and generous free trial mean it’s a service you should try out.
Trello is a SaaS project management software that can best be described as a collaboration tool. It allows users to arrange tasks into “Trello boards” based on the Kanban board design.
This allows you to break down a project into unique tasks, and monitor what is being worked on under each section and who is working on it. Each card contains checklists, deadlines, and various other types of attachments which increase its functionality.
- The platform is designed based on the Kanban board system and divides boards (distinct projects) into subsections made up of lists, cards, and checklists. This makes progress tracking and task allocation easy.
- The progress within each card can be monitored with checklists and deadlines. Trello cards are also color coded for easy visualization.
- The platform supports an activity log which allows all members of the team to track the progress of the project and any individual changes. The activity log also promotes transparency and accountability amongst members of the team.
- Task allocation and tracking are also made easier by the fluid communication features available on the platform such as comments, notifications, board invitations, and mentions.
- Trello also supports integration with several other useful project management tools such as Telegram, Salesforce, GitHub, Slack, IBM Connect, and so on.
- The platform is quite mobile-friendly and offers mobile applications for both Android and iOS devices. This is great because it offers users the option to manage their tasks on the go.
Here is how Trello prices its packages.
- A free plan which supports unlimited cards for up to 10 boards per workspace and unlimited storage with an upper limit of 10MB/file.
- Standard plan: $5/month if billed annually or $6 month/billed monthly. This plan offers an even larger storage capacity (250MB/file), more advanced checklists, and custom fields.
- Premium plan: billed at $10/month if billed annually or $12.5/month if billed monthly. The package offers multiple workspace views, advanced admin and security features, as well as simple data export options.
- Enterprise plan: billed according to the number of users and features organization-wide boards and workplaces, with multiple guest boards and more advanced integration options.
- Trello also offers a 14-day free trial of its premium package.
Trello offers a unique approach to project management with an emphasis on task visualization and progress tracking. Its Kanban board design and simple checklist-based make it the ideal platform for small and medium enterprises looking to efficiently monitor projects.
Asana is a full-stack project management software that offers a variety of key task management, security, documentation, and collaborative features.
It is best suited for smaller teams focused on collaboration, though larger enterprises can take advantage of some of its premium features such as various budgeting and reporting options.
The software provides a variety of features including task lists, project boards, calendars, timelines, and integration features with other tools. This allows teams to collaborate effectively in real time.
- Asana offers a variety of project management tools such as boards, project timeline views, task lists, a variety of project templates, and various reporting tools.
- The platform promotes real-time collaboration by allowing you to visually track the progress of your project using the project timeline view.
- The user interface design is quite friendly and easy for even novices to pick up over time.
- The software integrates seamlessly with other platforms such as Slack, Google Drive, and Microsoft Teams.
- Asana is quite customizable because it was designed based on the Kanban board system. It also offers a series of preset project templates for users to choose from.
- The platform supports a detailed reporting system that can boast of interesting project insights such as task completion rates, budget projections, and the innovative Workload feature which is designed to prevent burnout.
- Asana promotes communication among members through the use of features such as messaging, file sharing, shared team calendars, and so on.
Here is an overview of the Asana price plans.
- Basic package: This is free and supports task lists, kanban boards, calendars, and app integrations for up to 15 users.
- Premium package: This costs $10.99/user/month when billed annually. In addition to the above, this plan supports project timelines, advanced searches, project and budget dashboards, priority support, custom field creation, forms, and milestones.
- Business package: This package is priced at $24.99/user per month with annual subscriptions and includes all previous features plus portfolios, Workload, forms, automatic proofing, priority support, and Adobe Creative Cloud integration.
- Enterprise package: This form of pricing is negotiated with the client and has additional features such as user provisioning, data exporting, custom branding, and priority support.
Asana supports a wide range of features that are ideal for small teams. Even though the pricing is steeper than some of the other project management tools, it makes up for this with its great features and easy interface.
Teamwork is a web-based project management software that is chiefly designed to enable teams to organize, manage, and track their tasks, projects, and workflow.
With an easy-to-use user interface, flexible features, and robust collaboration tools, Teamwork promotes the efficiency of teams of various sizes, industries, and locations.
Teamwork offers a wide range of features from task management, project tracking, time tracking, and budget tracking, to file sharing, tools integration, and mobile app.
- Team members can collaborate on projects in real time, share ideas, and stay up-to-date on project progress.
- Tasks can be assigned to team members, deadlines set, and progress tracked easily from a streamlined dashboard. Tasks can be viewed according to project or team members.
- An in-built time tracking feature on Teamwork allows the team members to track the time spent on each task. For example, advanced features like Gantt charts facilitate the time-based management of complex projects.
- Teamwork allows you to allocate resources, track availability, and schedule tasks based on team member capacity. This prevents team members from being over or underutilized.
- Teamwork offers pre-built project templates that can be customized to fit the specific needs of a team. This feature would help you save time and streamline your project management processes.
- The platform provides robust reporting features that allow you to track project progress, analyze team performance, and identify areas for improvement. Reports can be customized to show the information you need and can be exported to various file formats.
- Integrations: Teamwork integrates with a variety of other tools, including Dropbox, Google Drive, and Slack. This feature allows you to work seamlessly with other tools and platforms that you already use.
Teamwork’s price plans include:
- Free plan: This offers a maximum of 5 users per plan, key integrations, and all project management essentials.
- Starter plan: $5.99 per month with a 3-user minimum. It allows you to set up user rates and access more detailed dashboards.
- Deliver plan: $9.99 per month and supports 3 user minimum, with automation and advanced reports.
- Grow plan: Advanced budgeting tools, supports 5 users minimum at $19.99/user, and offers powerful reports.
- Scale plan: Offers advanced resource scheduling and flexible payment options.
Teamwork is a cloud-based software that promotes team teamwork and task management. Try out the free plan to enjoy features such as project planning, resource allocation, time tracking, and communication tools to help teams achieve their goals efficiently.
Slack is a cloud-based collaboration tool designed to facilitate communication and improve team productivity. It allows teams to create channels for specific projects, topics, or departments, and share messages, files, and other content in real-time.
Slack also supports direct messaging, voice and video calls, screen sharing, and integration of tools like Trello and Zoom, making it a versatile platform for both synchronous and asynchronous communication.
Additionally, Slack offers advanced search and archive features, which enable teams to store conversations and files for future reference. It also has a robust security system, with two-factor authentication, data encryption, and compliance with various industry standards.
- Slack allows users to create channels for specific topics, projects, or teams. This helps to manage, organize, and reference conversations.
- The service permits the integration of a wide range of other tools and services, such as Trello, Asana, Google Drive, etc., to aid synchronization and efficiency.
- With Slack, you can easily share files with your team members, either by uploading them directly to the platform or by linking to them from another service.
- The platform has powerful search functionality that enables teams to find specific past messages or files quickly and with ease.
- Slack aids in time management as it can be configured to send you reminders and notifications about important deadlines or tasks.
- It also offers video and voice call abilities, making it effortless to organize virtual meetings, collaborate, and stay up-to-date with remote team members.
- The project management service allows you to customize your workspace with themes, emojis, and more. This can help to make the platform feel more personalized and engaging for your team.
Slack’s services are priced at:
- Free plan: 10 app integrations, 90 days of searchable messages.
- Pro plan: $7.25 per month / 50 people per video conversation / 30 days version of history
- Business+ plan: $12.50 per month/identity management / 24/7 assistance
- Enterprise Grid plan: flexible price options & offers enterprise-grade security
Slack is a cloud-based instant messaging platform that was chiefly designed for team collaboration and project management. It offers channels for organizing conversations, file sharing, video and voice calls, and integration with third-party tools to streamline workflows and increase productivity.
ClickUp is a cloud-based project management and productivity software with a wide range of features to help individuals and teams manage their time, tasks, projects, and workflows with ease. It has a flexible workspace that can be tailored to suit any workflow or procedure.
Some of the features offered by ClickUp include task management, time tracking, collaboration tools, project management tools, goal tracking, and analytics. It also offers integrations of applications, like Google Drive, Trello, Slack, etc.
The software is user-friendly, with a clean and easy-to-use interface that makes it easy for users to navigate and organize their tasks. It also offers mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- ClickUp offers multiple views, including a Board view, Calendar view, List view, Gantt chart view, and Box view. This enables teams to choose the view that works best for them, especially in meetings, and switch between views as needed.
- ClickUp offers customizable dashboards for users to create a personalized overview of their projects. Users can choose which widgets to add to their dashboards, such as tasks, goals, time tracking, and more.
- ClickUp collaboration features enable teams to work together seamlessly. These features include comments, mentions, and task assignments.
- ClickUp allows users to automate repetitive tasks and streamline workflows to save time. Users can create custom automation based on triggers and actions.
- ClickUp allows integration with over 1,000 tools, including Slack, Zapier, Trello, and Asana.
- The platform has an in-built time tracking that allows users to track time spent on tasks and projects, and monitor progress.
- ClickUp has a built-in goals system that allows users to set, assign and track project goals.
Here is how much ClickUp charges:
- Free Plan: $0/month, includes up to 100MB of storage, unlimited tasks, and unlimited users.
- Unlimited Plan: $5/month, features unlimited dashboard, custom fields, and a more extensive portfolio tool.
- Pro Plan: $9/user/month, provides access to all features, including unlimited storage and integrations.
- Business Plan: $15/user/month, includes advanced features such as time tracking, custom fields, and dashboards.
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing, includes advanced security features, personalized onboarding, and dedicated account management.
ClickUp is a project management tool designed to help teams collaborate and streamline workflows. It offers features such as task management, time tracking, team communication, and project planning, all accessible through a user-friendly interface.
Scoro is a comprehensive business management software designed to provide a one-stop solution for managing all aspects of a business.
It includes a range of features such as project management, team collaboration, CRM, invoicing, and financial reporting. With Scoro, users can automate various processes and streamline their workflow, making it easier to stay on top of their business operations.
Scoro’s project management module includes tools for creating tasks, assigning responsibilities, and tracking progress. It also allows users to set budgets, timelines, and deadlines to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
The CRM module helps businesses manage their sales pipeline, track customer interactions, and monitor sales performance. Invoicing and financial reporting tools enable users to create invoices, manage expenses, and track revenue and profits.
Scoro is a comprehensive project management tool that offers a range of features to help businesses manage their projects efficiently. Some of the unique features of Scoro include:
- Scoro provides a highly customizable dashboard that allows users to see all the important information related to their projects in one place. This feature helps users stay on top of their projects by providing real-time updates on progress, deadlines, and more.
- Scoro offers advanced project management features such as project planning, task management, time tracking, and team collaboration. These features help teams to work more efficiently by organizing their work and keeping track of their progress.
- Scoro’s resource planning feature allows users to allocate resources such as time, money, and people to different projects. This feature helps businesses to manage their resources effectively and ensures that projects are completed within budget and on time.
- Scoro provides a complete invoicing solution that allows businesses to create, send, and track invoices from within the tool. This feature helps businesses to streamline their invoicing process and ensures that they get paid on time.
- Scoro offers a range of reporting features that help businesses to track their performance and make data-driven decisions. Users can generate reports on project progress, financials, sales, and more.
- Scoro integrates with a wide range of tools such as Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more. This feature allows businesses to work seamlessly across different platforms and tools.
Overall, Scoro is a powerful project management tool that offers a range of unique features to help businesses manage their projects more efficiently.
Scoro’s price plans are billed as follows:
- Essential Plan: $26/user/month billed annually. Features basic project management, time tracking, basic reporting, and integrations.
- Work Hub Plan: $37/user/month billed annually. Includes advanced reporting, team collaboration tools, and integrations with popular CRMs.
- Sales Hub Plan: $37/user/month billed annually. Features sales pipeline management, sales forecasting, and integrations with popular marketing automation tools.
- Pro Plan: $63/user/month billed annually. Includes financial management tools like budgeting and invoicing, and integrations with accounting software.
- Ultimate Plan: Custom pricing, includes advanced security features, personalized onboarding, and dedicated account management.
Scoro is an all-in-one business management software designed to streamline workflows, manage projects, track time and billing, and generate reports. It integrates with popular tools such as Salesforce, Outlook, and Dropbox, and is suitable for small to large businesses.
What Is a Project Management Tool?
A project management tool is a software application designed to help teams plan, organize, and track their projects from start to finish. These tools typically offer features such as task and resource management, scheduling, time tracking, and collaboration tools to help teams work together more efficiently and effectively.
Project management tools are a great way to take your business to the next level by leveraging the ability of these services to improve productivity and encourage greater collaboration. There are a host of tools to choose from, but it is important to ensure that you choose a tool that is ideally suited for the type of project, your company size, and your budget.