Do you feel like you’re always behind? Like you can’t keep up with the rest of your team? It might be because you’re not speed reading. Speed reading is a skill that can help business professionals read faster and understand more of what they are reading.
In this article, we will discuss the 9 best speed reading courses available to help improve your effectiveness in work.
If you want to learn more about how to speed read, checkout this article on how to improve reading speed without sacrificing comprehension.
What Are The Best Speed Reading Courses?
Speed reading courses are becoming increasingly popular as people strive to cope with the ever-growing amount of information they are expected to process on a daily basis. While the average reader reads at a speed of around 200 words per minute, speed reading courses claim to help people read up to 1,000 words per minute or more.
In addition, speed reading courses can be customized to your individual needs, making them ideal for busy professionals who want to learn at their own pace. There are a number of speed reading courses available, but not all of them are created equal. When choosing a speed reading course, it is important to consider your goals and objectives. Some courses focus on improving speed, while others focus on comprehension and retention. Once you have determined your goals, you can choose the speed reading course that is right for you.
1.Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics
Evelyn Wood was a pioneer in the field of speed reading. She developed the Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics program in the 1950s, and it has since been used by millions of people around the world including CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, college professors, and even members of US congress.
The classic program is based on the principle that we can read faster if we learn to scan text using our peripheral vision. This allows us to take in more information at a glance, and to process it more effectively.
- advertised to double your reading speed guaranteed
- classic course with tried and true track record
- Self-paced lessons with a total of 6-hours invested time
- Focus on speed and comprehension
- published in both written and audio course formats
$200 USD one time fee
This reading course has been around for a minute. When something like this stands the test of time, it says something about its effectiveness. With many of the Evelyn Wood graduates being successful business professionals, this course is a solid option for anyone looking to learn how to digest information quickly and increase productivity.
2.Super Reading by Mindvalley
Super Reading is a speed-reading program developed by Mindvalley, an education and learning company headed by Jim Kwik. Kwik is a brain coach with over 25 years of experience teaching a variety of students including busy business professionals.
Super Reading is based on the idea that the brain can be trained to process information more quickly and efficiently. The program includes a series of exercises and games designed to help users increase their reading speed and improve their ability to comprehend text.
- 15 minutes a day for 21 days (5.8 hours of training)
- focused on speed reading and information retention
- advertises learning to read 1 book a week (52 books a year) in 15 a day
- focus on understanding technical reading
- users provided with access to a library of e-books for practising new reading strategies
The super reading course comes with a subscription to Mindvalley Membership:
- $99 / month billed monthly
- $41.60 / month billed yearly
Jim Kwik has been teaching this for a while. He has served as a brain coach with a bunch of famous and rich people including Bill Gates, the founder of Google, and various movie stars to help them learn and remember their lines. So the system certainly has social proof and has been effective for people of all walks.
It also comes with a 15-day money-back guarantee, but you have to get a monthly subscription with Mindvalley to access it. Overall, Super Reading promises to be a helpful tool for anyone looking to improve their reading skills.
3.Speed Reading Simplified
The Speed Reading Simplified course teaches a system that combines speed reading and general learning techniques. The instructor, Richard Walton is an educational consultant and master hypnotist. A major part of what makes the Speed Reading Simplified course unique is the focus on relaxing to induce a brain wave state that is conducive to learning.
- 21 lectures and 47 minutes of instruction time
- utilizes hypnotic techniques to learn faster and more effectively
- reading drills for 5 to 10 minutes a day for 21 days
- learning comprehension is a major function of the course
- advertises increasing average reading speed by 5 to 10 times
- from $11.99 (with a 83% discount for students if ordered within 6 hours of visiting Udemy page)
The Speed Reading Simplified program is a short and unique option for anyone trying to increase their reading speed. If you’re a business professional that wants a simple but powerful method to massively boost reading and comprehension levels, this course is a great pick. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose but to try it out.
4.Become a Reading Machine Masterclass: Read 300 Books
The Become a Reading Machine Masterclass is based on the teachings of Brandon Hakim. Hakim promises to teach you the secrets of reading that will allow you absorb 100 to 300 books a year. He is confident that this course will deeply ingrain the methods that have allowed the super successful to rise up and dominate their competition on the world stage.
- promises to teach how to read 100 books a year
- 5 step reading formula to teach how to read any book
- guidance on reading the right kind of books for increased learning
- 30 minutes a day practice
- 11 sections, 79 lectures, and 4 hours of content
- from $11.99 (with a 83% discount for students if ordered within 6 hours of visiting Udemy page)
Brandon Hakim has some bold claims such as using this framework to read over a 1000 books in 4.5 years. Although his claims are pronounced, he backs them up with testimonials from many students claiming to at least reach their 100 books a-year milestone. This course is specifically tailored to business professionals and people that want to absorb more non-fiction books and accelerate their reading.
5.Basic Speed Reading for IT Professionals
Basic Speed Reading for IT Professionals is a high tier course with a focus on business work. The course founder, Alex Garcez has been teaching accomplished business professionals for over 8 years. His methods centre around the concept of silencing the imaginary voice inside your head to increase reading speed and learning.
- 2 hours of video training
- focus on reading manuals, documents, emails and social media for productivity
- claims to improve your reading speed by 33% in 30 days guaranteed
- develops both reading speed and effective thinking skills
- from $11.99 (with a 80% discount if ordered within 6 hours of visiting Udemy page)
This course is for you if you want cold-hard tactics on how to boost productivity. With over 9000 graduates from all over the world, and many coming from large companies such as Goldman Sachs, GE, J P Morgan, Google, Bloomberg, eBay, and The Wall Street Journal, the course has a solid track record in the business world. For a 2 hour course, and a 30-day commitment, you can be sure to increase your effective reading substantially and with relatively low effort.
6.How to Read Faster: 7 Easy Steps to Master Speed Reading, Reading Comprehension & Learn Fast Reading
The 7 Steps to Master Speed Reading is Troye Bates collection of speed reading fundamentals. This method is presented as both a Skillshare course and a book. Bates markets his methods to a wide variety of audiences instead of focusing on a single demographic. Therefore, many of the most common reading challenges that the average person faces are included along with the solutions to overcome them.
- designed to help both students and working adults
- covers the fundamentals of speed reading
- tackles the common reading and learning difficulties faced by children and adults
- many actionable techniques, solutions, and tips that you can employ to practice speed reading
- focus on both speed reading and comprehension
- $32 / month for a Skillshare membership ($168 / year annual subscription)
This is a solid fundamentals course. Since its marketed to everyone, you’re going to get the generic rundown of how to speed read and the most common tactics to learn faster – not necessarily the specialized knowledge a business professional needs.
However, there’s nothing wrong with basic.
Sometimes all you need is the root strategy to get you started and you can learn the rest on your own. 7 Steps to Master Speed Reading gives you the jump-off point you need to learn to speed read.
7.eyeQ Reading by InfiniteMinds
The eyeQ Reading course is a multimedia online platform put out by a company called Infinite Minds. This is a comprehensive course aimed at improving reading speed, comprehension, and learning ability. The content features a scientific approach where learning is approached from a neuroscientific perspective.
- scientific approach to reading and learning
- online course with multimedia learning format
- pacing exercises, comprehension tests, benchmarking, and improvement measurement
- focus on reading therapy, brain strengthening, vision therapy, multi-area brain engagement
- designed for students and working adults
- subscription model: $9 per month, $ 45 for 6-months, or $65 for 1 year
Infinite Minds clearly went all-in when designing this course. Whereas many other courses are presented in a written format only, the eyeQ Reading course outshines with a fully interactive interface. You can learn by reading, watching videos, doing exercises, or playing learning games.
It really does have an “edutenertainment” feel to it.
For working people that really want to dedicate themselves to a reading and learning method, the eyeQ Reading course by InfiniteMinds is a great pick.
8.Become a SuperLearner® 2: Learn Speed Reading & Boost Memory
The Become a Super Learner 2 Course is a powerful and intensive course on speed reading and memory. The course creator, Johnathan Levi, is a serial entrepreneur and best-selling author that saw a need for a unique program that teaches people to consume information quickly. This guy knows his stuff and has a proof of concept when launching the Become a Super Learner 1.0 course. Long story short, it became one of the best-selling programs on Udemy ever with over 50,000 students. The 2.0 version improves on the original with additional content, materials, and learning resources.
- focus on reading faster and improving memory
- claims to improve memory by 3X using mnemonic theory (the theory of memory)
- geared towards students and business professionals
- 2- 3 hours of memory and speed-reading practice per week
- 10 sections, 63 lectures, 5 hrs total length
- from $24.99 (with a 80% discount if ordered within 6 hours of visiting Udemy page)
This course is relatively long and fairly intensive. You’re expected to put in hours of work every week to be successful. But the proof is in the pudding. With so many successful students, it’s hard to argue with the results you’re likely to achieve.
The unique thing about this course is its focus on learning and memory. Levi argues that reading speed will increase naturally as the information retention piece falls into place. Take this course if you want to absorb ungodly amounts of information while your work.
9.Spreeder VIP Speed Reading Course
The Spreeder VIP Speed Reading Course is a system of trading based on the Spreeder RSVP App. RSVP (rapid serial visual presentation) is a reading process that involves looking at words individually instead of in a line. The theory is that reducing eye movements can triple your reading speed once you get used to it. Spreeder VIP comes is a subscription that comes with the Spreeder app and a whole bunch of expert speed reading courses to boot.
- Spreeder app that can be installed on desktop, phone, or tablet
- All “Learn to Speed Read” using the Spreeder app features
- Vocabulary builder exercises
- Reports & reading analytics
- 20,000 eBooks included
- Expert speed reading courses
- Cloud library with unlimited storage for your books
- Cloud import of 46 file and eBook formats
- 58 premium brain, success, and productivity courses
- From $39.00 one time fee ( the app alone is $7 / month)
If you’re the type to try something novel, the Spreeder VIP Course and App could be for you. While you are investing in learning a new piece of technology, the investment has paid off for many of its users.
The app allows you to upload digital content and use the reading interface to consume it at high speeds with high retention rates. The obvious limitations to this system are the formats that you are able to upload onto the platform – for example, you wouldn’t be able to read a physical book using the interface. However, for when you need to consume and learn digital materials, the Spreeder VIP course and app is a valuable tool to have in your tool belt.
What is Speed Reading?
Speed reading is a reading technique that can help people improve reading comprehension and tackle bad reading habits. The basic idea is to read text more quickly by moving your eyes rapidly across the page and taking in larger chunks of information at once. This is in contrast to the way that most of us have learned to read by “speaking inside out heads”.
When you eliminate the need to read at speaking speed, you can effectively increase your reading speed from about 300 words per minute to 1000 words per minutes or more.
While this may sound like it would lead to reduced comprehension, research has shown that speed reading can actually help people to better understand and remember what they have read.
In addition, speed reading can be a valuable tool for business professionals who need to quickly process large amounts of information. This means that by learning to speed read, you can save time and become a more efficient worker.
Speed reading is a great way to improve your business skills. There are many different speed reading courses available, and each one has its own set of benefits. With so many options, it can be difficult to choose the best course for you. However, by taking the time to understand what each course offers, you can make an informed decision that will help you improve your speed reading skills.
Hopefully this article has given you some valuable information to make an informed decision. If you want to learn more about speed reading, or if you’re looking for tips on how to improve your own speed reading skills, check out our article on how to improve speed reading without sacrificing comprehension.
Thanks for reading!